Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Scary Tree Love

When I was young and my episodes of insomnia were already in full swing, I used to sneak and watch *bad* movies on TV - Elvira's bad movies. The most horrific one was about an enchanted tree - or was it a cursed tree, or maybe it was some dude that was cursed and turned into a tree - well, this tree was in love with this woman who screamed a lot and all he wanted to do was rip up his roots, chase her, and eat her. Too exciting. Then years later came Poltergeist. Be still my beating heart.

That damn tree. For years - okay, now still - I couldn't look at a tree at night without palpitations. Not snakes, not spiders - I love how I can love trees and be terrified by them all at once. :D

3 comments:

  1. LOL Johanna I am so with you on this one!
    About a year ago, our neighbour gave us a small banana tree (about two feet high), my husband planted it behind the house and it grew (almost overnight) to well over 12 feet. It's HUGE and the way the leaves scrape against the house when I'm alone scares the crap outta me!
    Poltergeist... FAB FILM!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy Turner, my little banana bread, you rock!! I'd love to see a pic of that - can you post it here??
    x
    o
    x
    o

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can pluck up the courage to go near the bloomin' thing, I will! Perhaps I should stand next to it to give you an idea of its size?! I can't post it on your blog but I could put it on facebook. I look like crap at the moment though (I have a cold AND a bad back!) so wait til I feel more alive!! XX

    ReplyDelete